Re: [MacPerl] Security

On 8/7/97 Haris Husain wrote:

>Does anyone know how to incorporate secure transmission into your web
>pages? I mean I am building a form on the web and using MacPerl CGI. How do
>I make it secure?

It's fairly easy to create a password for your forms. We use a file that
looks like this:

1234	Name1
5678	Name2
etc...

The user types in their code and if it checks out they get a confirmation
with their name on it. Just read in the file and regex for the code. Note
that you should use the HTML password input field so the codes aren't
visible. If you want a higher level of security you will need something
like SSL (comes with WebStar). RR