Re: [MacPerl] Forwarded mail...

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, mark@cheers.jsc.nasa.gov (Mark Manning/Muniz Eng.) wrote:
> According to Wm. L. Scheding:
> >
> > I understand why system(); won't work on the Macintosh.
> >
> > However, can I pipe commands to another perl script or program
> > which might support a psuedo command line interface?
>
> Unfortunately - you can not have more than one MacPerl
> program running at one time.  Under OpenStep you will be
> able to do this, but then OS is really Unix.  :-)

That's true but there is a way to make more than one MacPerl program run at
one time: just save the scripts you want to make run together as applications
and simply launch them.
That's sure that pipe can't work on MacOS, but this way, the two script can
communicate via AppleEvents or TCP sockets
Personally, I used this trick to make the TCP server and client (those you
can find in the Camel Book) run together.