Re: [MacPerl] Bug report on 5.14b1 (fwd)

Because this has gotten completely off of the original
question

IE:

	WHICH OF THESE TWO STATEMENTS RUN FASTER:

	if( x eq y )

	or

	if( x =~ y )

and has, instead, gotten into "my way of doing things is
better than your way."  I believe we should take this to
e-mail so the list doesn't get cluttered up with this.  So
if you want to continue this battle - e-mail me.  I will be
very happy to continue lobbing e-mail back and forth with
whomever wishes to do so.  But I believe the postings
should stop.  Chris answered this question for me quite
clearly.  The "eq" is quite a bit faster than the "=~"
statement and I _do_ plan on changing over several
statements in programs to it.

See you in e-mail.