Re: [MacPerl] [Q] @INC

Some time around 8/20/97 10:06 PM CDT, Mamoru Yamanishi wrote something about

>I meet some error concerning to "@INC".  When I use "GD.pm", "MPW Shell"
>returns "# Can't locate GD.pm in @INC." as error.  why I recieve it?

I had the same problem when I first started using the tool...

Put the following line into a script in the MPW Startup Items folder (call it UserStartup„MacPerl or whatever you like, or add the line to an existing startup script):

Set PERL5LIB "Path:to:lib:,Additional:path:to:custom:lib:"; Export PERL5LIB

where Path:to:lib is the lib folder in the MacPerl Tool Ä, and if you have custom libs located elsewhere, separate each path with a comma.

The tool's default behaviour is to use the CWD of MPW, I believe(?), unless you send it the paths of your libs.  If you don't export PERL5LIB, @INC is ( ":" ).

Also, a trick I use is to keep an alias to the perl tool in the Tools folder, instead of the actual tool... so I can play around with 5.1.4b2, whose alias is perlb in the Tools folder, without losing the tried and true functionality of 5.1.3r2.

Hope this helps,

Dave Beverly
webmaster@thecitizennews.com -- http://www.thecitizennews.com/
webmaster@henrynews.com -- http://www.henrynews.com/
Mac Manipulator
"I don't do windows!"

**
MacOS is an operating system; OS/2 is half an operating system; windoze
is a shell; DOS is a boot partition virus... where do you want to go today?