Re: [MacPerl] any practical eg.s for macperl day2day usage?

> For any manipulation of text files, searching through text files with
> complicated criteria, extraction and formatting of results, simple database
> management, web cgis, and so on and so on, Perl (& MacPerl) is
> devastatingly powerful.

Do you know where I could see some working examples? I'm particularly
interested in database-web interfacing. thanks.

>Some people even like MacPerl better than
> AppleScript for scripting Mac applications.

By the way; if I develop on a mac, I'll have all these ":" in the paths,
right? So to run my scripts on unix, I'll have to hand-edit all relevant
":" into "/", right ? Or is there a clever automatic translater (I guess
my question reveals I'm a newbie too)

> The sort of thing at which Perl is great:
>
> On some of the websites I've done, I used MacPerl to make a discussion
> system. On such systems, it is nice to allow the user to have the option of
> posting HTML. But, you don't want to make things complicated for the users
> who just post text.

I looked on
http://www.odyssee.net/~njk/

to see it work, but just got Euro currency info. Clever one at that, but
perlless.