[MacPerl] Getting/setting window size/position in MacPerl?

Is there a way to get and or change the size of windows in MacPerl? I see
there's some stuff for doing something like that when using the MPW Tool
(the FAccess stuff), but is there a way to have a MacPerl script do it
itself? (Or did I miss something?)

The only (kludgy) solution I found so far is to have a script send
AppleEvents to MacPerl. Aside from not being utterly reliable, it's kind of
depressing to have to make a nice sleek language use that feeble, hobbled
AS junk...

-dan