[MacPerl] timelocal.pl help needed

Hi,
I'm somewhat new to MacPerl, but I've written some Perl on UNIX.
I was starting to write a script to find files more recent than a
certain date (for backup purposes) in my file system but ran into
some problems using timelocal.pl.

The following script is a boiled-down version of my problem.  It
prints the first "print" but never gets to the second print.
(Actually I gave it as long as 9 minutes before I gave up and
interrupted it with command-period)
----- start of code
#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
##***********************************************************************
##
##	File:  a_timelocal.pl
##
##***********************************************************************
require "timelocal.pl";

print "---- New Run:  a_timelocal.pl ----\n";
($sec, $min, $hours) = (1, 2, 3);
($mday, $mon, $year) = (28, 10, 1996);
$comptime = timelocal($sec,$min,$hours,$mday,$mon,$year);
print "comparison time=$comptime\n";
----- end of code

Does anyone see any mistakes I'm making?

I'm running the MacPerl Application 5.1.3r2 + MacPerl Big with 6000KB
allocated to it.
About This Macintosh: System Software is 7.1P2, Macintosh Performa 600 CD
(68030, 32MHz, no FPU), 12MB Physical RAM.

Thanks for any help.  Better yet, if someone has already written a script
to gather files for backup, let me know.

-Ken Tanaka
tanaka9@mail.idt.net

o: Ken Tanaka                          :o
 : email:  tanaka@hrlban1.alhra.af.mil :
o: phone:  (602) 988-9773 ext 413      :o
 : Armstrong Labs / Boeing             :
o:                                     :o