Re: [MacPerl] Embedded Control Chars

At 8:07 AM -0400 10/17/97, Chris Nandor wrote:
>Remember, though, that this is not a Perl-specific problem.  All languages
>would have this problem.

No.

I can read C and C++ source files in CodeWarrior no matter what the EOL is
(Mac, Unix, DOS).

Also, HTML doesn't care either.... so a page done on Mac, Windows, or Unix
can be read on a browser no problem.  The file works.  Of course, HTML is
not like a langauge...

But the point is that in today's world it's a very real situation of text
files having three standards.  Seeing how Perl's motto is doing it
*multiple* ways, I'm kinda surprised to be running into this situation.
I'm even more surprised that on a Mac... it just doesn't *work*.

mark

PowerPerl(tm),  mailto:info@powerperl.com   http://www.powerperl.com
       A product of Tyrell Software Corp.   http://www.tyrell.com