Re: [MacPerl] Scalars leaked?

Paul J. Schinder wrote:

> Matthias Ulrich Neeracher <neeri@iis.ee.ethz.ch> writes:
> }Angus McIntyre <angus@pobox.com> writes:
> }>More 5.1.4r4 woes ... I've just run another of my existing scripts and got
> }>the cryptic message:
> }>
> }>      # Scalars leaked: 1
> }>
> }>at the end of the run.
> }
> }Hmm. Normally, these appear only when the script fails due to syntax errors. I
> }would be interested in an example script.
>
> Really?  I get them all the time using LWP at the end of successful runs.
> In fact, I use it as a signal: when the MacPerl window pops up with
> "Scalars leaked: 4" in the background, I know that my script has
> successfully finished once again.
>
> The attached LWP test script both runs successfully and gives the "Scalars
> leaked: 4" message at the end.
>
> (Speaking of LWP, 5.14 is out and I should get a chance to put together the
> .sit.hqx in the next couple of days).
>
> }
> }> Otherwise I'm apt to wake up one morning and find myself
> }> splashing about in several feet of leaked scalars.
> }
> }Whatever scalars get leaked are mopped up when the MacPerl application quits

Well, I have a similar pb since I upgraded from 5.1.3r2 to 5.1.4r4. My
script, which used to work perfectly for months, gives me the following
error, and the script is not executed:

# BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted.
File 'HD-GG:Developer:Perl extra lib:libwww-perl:LWP:UserAgent.pm'; Line
121
# BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
File 'HD-GG:myPath:myScript.pl'; Line 19
# Scalars leaked: 6

I've just updated LWP from 5.9 to 5.13, but nothing changed.
Any suggestion?

(PPC, System 7.5.5)

Gaspard