[MacPerl] MacPerl as ACGI?

Is it possible to make a MacPerl script run as an acgi?

Background:

I'm playing around with modifying the BBS scripts (in Perl) which come with
the NetFusion software. I don't know whether this software will prove
usable in production or not, but I'm having fun, right?

Problem/Question:

I am getting total freezes on my server running WebSTAR 2.1, sometimes, when
I try to run the scripts, which have been saved as MacPerl CGI scripts, and
named as "<script>.acgi" to run them asynchronously.

Not sure why. One of the things I was wondering about was whether any coding
differences are needed in a script, as opposed to compiled code, when you
run it as an ACGI, which is what I have been doing with my MacPerl scripts.

Anything obvious, but not to me, which I should know?

Stephen Beck