[MacPerl] relating to ReadParse routine... (fwd)

According to David A. Barro:

>    So my question(s) is/are: Am I really using the
>    ReadParse routine correctly??  That you specify the
>    name of what will be an associative array and the
>    elements will be referenced by the value="_____" fields
>    that were used in your original HTML code?

I think what you need to do is to read the cgi_docs.html
file via Netscape or IE.  This will answer a lot of your
questions on how to use CGI.pm.  But, basically, no.  I do
not think you are using the ReadParse routine correctly.
This is because I read some of the html document myself the
other day and I noticed that the first thing CGI.pm version
2.37b4 says is: (paraphrased here)

	When you use CGI.pm and you create a new instance
	of the CGI, it _automatically_ reads and parses the
	incoming information.

I take this to mean that if you do the following:

	use CGI;

	$query = new CGI;

(Please DO look up the correct syntax.)  It will
automatically load any incoming information into an
associative array.  From there, you should be able to
simply reference the associative array's information
according to the write-up in the html documentation.

I hope this helps!  :-)

If you do not have the latest version of CGI.pm, go to CPAN
and download it.  You should have version 2.37b4 as I am
pretty sure that is the latest version.