[MacPerl] Shuck CMM Plugin 0.1a for MacOS 8

Have you ever said to yourself:

	"Dang, Shuck's pretty neat, but I wish there were a way
	 for me to call it from $MY_FAVOURITE_TEXT_EDITOR. If
	 only I could automagically look up Perl keywords from
	 within $MY_FAVOURITE_TEXT_EDITOR, just by selecting some
	 text and command-clicking on it."

You haven't? Oh. Looks like there's less of a market for this thing than I
thought.

But if, by any odd chance you have ever thought something like that and if
you have MacOS 8 and nerves of steel, you can now take your life (or at
least your hard disk) in your hands and try out the first release of my
<drumroll> Shuck CMM Plugin at:

  http://pobox.com/~angus/Computing/Systems/Macintosh/Programs/CMMPlugins/

It's basically just a Contextual Menu Manager plug-in which adds a 'Shuck'
item to the contextual menu that appears when you're in a text editor with
text selected. Selecting the 'Shuck' item kicks Shuck into life (where
required) and sends it the text, whereupon Shuck either beeps like a lost
soul (if it can't find a matching keyword) or displays the relevant
documentation.

One cool side-effect - which I hadn't anticipated - is that you can
actually use it within Shuck itself!

Use with caution, as I'm far from the world's greatest or most confident
MacOS/C++ programmer, and the plug-in has not been extensively tested
(that's where *you* come in). But it's simple enough that the possibilities
for mayhem should be relatively limited. Some time in the next few days
I'll make the sources available so that you can all laugh at my code.

It is, of course, freeware.

Feedback welcomed. All rights reserved. Your mileage may vary. Always read
the instructions. Shake well before use. Keep out of reach of children.
Store away from engines. Best served cold. This does not constitute an
offer to buy or sell securities.

		Angus McIntyre

--
angus@pobox.com                                   http://pobox.com/~angus/

 "The Paris slums are a gathering place for             George Orwell
  eccentric people - people who have fallen           "Down and out in
  into solitary half-mad grooves of life, and          Paris and London"
  given up trying to be normal or decent."