Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl Question...

At 14:34 +1100 on 15/12/97, Jon S. Jaques wrote:
>OK, that should do it... I'm not currently using any custom libs, but I
>think that if I did end up requiring it, I'd just drop them into the
>default lib folder.

Don't forget that MacPerl also searches the "current" folder... which AFAIK
is the folder which the script is stored in.

>Does it affect the performance of the script by having
>the executables on a network drive?

Yes. I'm not sure exactly how much, but on my PowerBook 180 MacPerl runs
slow. Using MacPerl over the network makes it run slower (I'm using
LocalTalk w/LC III as the "Server"). The AppleTalk arrows constantly flash
when I run most of my scripts - how much of this is due to file access that
my script is running, I don't know.

Windows 95: n. 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch
to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.