[MacPerl] SSI problems

I'm having a problem in running .pl scripts from my ISP's server. I believe
that the problems are in their Perl setup and or permissions, but not being
familiar with MacOS, WebStar or Mac's in general and with my ISP not
totally up on CGI either it makes it difficult.

This is a test shtml page that I ran:

<HTML>
<BODY>
I uploaded this page on <!--#echo var="LAST_MODIFIED"-->.

<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/dano/dan_o.pl"-->
<!--#exec cmd="/cgi-bin/dano/dan_o.pl"-->
</BODY>
</HTML>

And this is the source from the results:

<HTML>
<BODY>
I uploaded this page on 1997/12/16:22:23:57.

<!-- exec Error: No response from CGI. -->
<!-- exec Error: Not implemented. -->
</BODY>
</HTML>

So I know I must have SSI because of the date being returned, but I dont
know why I get the exec errors. I triple checked my paths and everything
else I could think of but no results.

My question is, is there any simple script (MAC compatible) that I could
run either thru my browser or locally on their system that might return
some info on their Perl setup that would help me to diagnose why I cant run
ANY Perl scripts from their system? Possibly something that might return
system setup variables?

Either that or a MacPerl for dummies tutorial site? :-)

Thanks ahead
Klaus Fischer

IMAGEATTIC
Great Gifts and Promotional Ideas