Re: [MacPerl] Mac Mail prog..

>You've got two choices.  AppleScript or send AppleEvents to a mail client
>like Eudora, or use Net::SMTP, part of libnet, and send the mail with pure
>Perl.  Either way, the script will have to be changed substantially.

Actually, you have a THIRD choice (and probably others!)

You can use the freeware version of EIMS 1.2 (The Eudora Internet Mail
Server) along with our software, MailBurst. (EIMS 1.2 requires no set
up... just double click and go. If you want to run it as a full mail
server, it's simple to use.)

MailBurst lets you create simple text files and place then in the
MailBurst:drop folder. In seconds, your message is on it's way and you
don't need to run any extra network code or resources, just Rock Solid
EIMS 1.2 and MailBurst.

Here's an example:

To send a file to 1 person, simply write the headers for the message,
followed by a blank line, followed by the body of your message.  Name the
file "-David@dantowitz.com" and place in the MailBurst drop folder and it
will be zipped off to me.

To send a message to hundreds of people, first write all the users into a
file, one per line, add a blank line, then add the mail headers, a blank
line, and the message body, and place the file in the MailBurst:Drop
folder and you're done.

Visit

     http://MailBurst.com/

for more info.

MailBurst is commercial software. Download the fully-functional demo and
give it a whirl. If it meets your needs, purchase it. Our customers
basically start it up and forget about it. It's other functions may also
prove useful for you!

David M. Dantowitz                       david@dantowitz.com
973-564-8670 voice                       973-564-8641 fax

CD-ROMs, Macromedia Director, Shockwave & Internet software

Dantowitz Consulting & Research, Inc.    http://Dantowitz.com/
For Macintosh & Windows assistance       http://PCMacHelp.com/
MailBurst (tm) for EIMS / AIMS           http://MailBurst.com/

QuickTimeVR Gallery: http://www.dantowitz.com/qtvr/