[MacPerl] The MacPerl Pages, book, and CD-ROM (971220 update)

The MacPerl Pages (http://www.ptf.com/macperl/) have been enhanced:

 *  The "Media Coverage" page now contain links to HTML versions of
    five (5!) articles on MacPerl, taken from MacTech, SunExpert, and
    The Perl Journal.

 *  We have adapted the "Installation and Overview" chapter from the
    book into an online (HTML) resource.

 *  Finally, for your typing pleasure, we have added MacPerl as a link
    to macperl, allowing the use of http://www.ptf.com/MacPerl/ as the
    URL for the MacPerl Pages.  (We aim to please... :-)

We also continue to make progress on the MacPerl book:

  Release 0.4 (971220):

    Vicki reworked the "Building Blocks" chapter quite a bit, then got
    a good start on "Stacking the Blocks".  Chris added chapters on "CGI
    Scripting" and "Network Programming".  In addition, we made assorted
    tweaks and frobs, as suggested by our stalwart crew of reviewers.

Our acknowledgements page continues to grow (nearly 70 entries!), but
there's plenty of room left for more reviewers, so don't be shy!

BTW, we (still) have little response to the "MacPerl used here" banner.
Either nobody is using it or they simply haven't bothered to let us know.
In any case, if you'd like a link on the MacPerl Pages to your site, just
put up the banner, linked as per the instructions, then tell us about it!

Yours, Rich

P.S.  Oh yeah, the MacPerl CD-ROM.  Ahem.  Cough.  Well...

      The MacPerl CD-ROM, which has been taking up all of my time for
      the last month or so (e.g., developing >2K lines of perl and sh
      to frob file names and data formats, create aliases, etc.), is
      *nearly done*.  Expect an announcement Real Soon Now!  -r

Rich Morin, Canta Forda Computer Laboratory | Prime Time Freeware - quality
  UNIX consulting, training, and writing    | freeware at affordable prices
  P.O. Box 1488, Pacifica, CA, 94044, USA   | www.ptf.com      info@ptf.com
  rdm@cfcl.com            +1 650-873-7841   | +1 408-433-9662   -0727 (Fax)