Re: [MacPerl] BBEdit as a text editor

Angus McIntyre writes:
|Yep. BBEdit's syntax colouring for MacPerl is a big help and is much better
|in recent versions. The only problem is that single quotes (as for instance
|in $', or when a quote appears on its own as part of a regular expression)
|tend to cause it to assume that everything that follows is a string, thus
|dyeing large parts of your code bright pink.

This is true. However, a workaround is to include the quote in a comment:

The semi-colon and # will be pink, but the rest of the code will be
colored correctly.

Also, BBEdit doesn't understand prototypes, so with:

	sub fun ($$)

fun won't appear in the function popup. There are a couple of other
small problems too, but in general, BBEdit 4.5 does a really good job
coloring perl. I've caught many a syntax error because something was
an odd color.

Brian