[MacPerl] shutdown of STDIN

I ran a small program with an infinite loop (because I needed to capture
the output to show that it *was* an infinite loop.) The program did little
more than read two numbers from STDIN and then print them. Aftyer I stopped
it with CMD-. I found that any programs run afterward didn't bother to stop
to read from STDIN.

I can appreciate that shutting down a script in mid-read might have the
effect of closing down STDIN, but I wondering if there's a way to reset it
short of quitting MAcPerl (5.1.4r4) and relaunching, of if there was a
better way to stop the program.

Thanks.
Dennis Geller

A dollar saved is a quarter earned.