Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl->FTP

Off the top of my head...

when doing FTP, A (cap a) means ascii, while I (cap i) means binary mode of
transfer.... try this to see if it works.

At 4:19 PM -0000 1/7/98, Mark Manning/Muniz Eng. wrote:
>I was wondering, on the FTP package, when you want to
>transfer a binary file if there is anything you need to put
>as an argument to the BINARY call?  Here is what I am
>doing:
>
>    $theMessage = "";
>    $ftp = Net::FTP->new( "trillian.jsc.nasa.gov" );
>    $theMessage .= $ftp->login( "ftp", "igoal\@\sun.jsc.nasa.gov" ) + "\n";
>    $theMessage .= $ftp->cwd( "pub" ) + "\n";
>    $theMessage .= $ftp->cwd( "MLDB" ) + "\n";
>    $theMessage .= $ftp->binary() + "\n";
>    $theMessage .= $ftp->put( "$userName.tar" ) + "\n";
>    $theMessage .= $ftp->quit + "\n";
>
>I've put in the $theMessage statements to help me see what
>is happening.  What I get back is this:
>
>1
>1
>1
>0
>0
>1
>
>Which I take to mean:
>
>ok
>ok
>ok
>sorry - no good
>sorry - no good
>ok
>
>So I was wondering (since there isn't a good example in the
>FTP.pm file about this) if something is supposed to go in the
>"binary()" call?  I've looked through the FTP.pm program
>and found the:
>
>sub binary { shift->type('I',@_); }
>
>Which tells me that there is an argument which is supposed
>to be passed to the TYPE command.  But there isn't an
>explanation of what is supposed to go there.
>
>TIA for anyone's help.  :-)

Best regards,
Bill McAuliff
webmaster
                      adams apple communications group

          Internet Presence  Home Page Design  Internet Classifieds

    womc3@adamsapple.com    1.407.323.4728     http://www.adamsapple.com