Re: [MacPerl] I/O bug in recent MacPerls - exposed?

At 11:29 pm +0100 14.01.98, Mark Manning/Muniz Eng. wrote:
>According to Angus McIntyre:
>> A while back, I reported a possible problem with Matthias' new I/O routines
>I haven't tried the program yet, but ...
>
>	How many times does STDIN and STDOUT get re-opened?
>
>There is ... a limit to how many files can be opened at the same time ... you
>might be leaving a trail of open files.

The files opened with STDIN are each closed before another file is opened
(I have to do that specifically because if you have more than one file
redirected to STDIN, end of file testing goes to hell). There should never
be more than two files open at one time. Even if I'm wrong about this, when
I ran the example script I was able to produce the problem with no more
than four files involved at any point in the process.

So I don't *think* that's it, but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

angus@pobox.com                                   http://pobox.com/~angus/

    "Sick and twisted would be the first two words that come to mind," he
     said. "But at the same time, it's kind of neat." [Richard Grenier]