[MacPerl] DB_File broken

Hi!

> I know that NDBM file is just a layer on top of DB_FIle, so something
must
> be wrong about your report,

Hmm. The only change I made was changing DB_File to NDBM_File and
removing the DB_HASH parameter that is not needed for NDBM. Funny. Why
should this little change (and yes, it really was the only change, I am
sure about this - I get much to often reports from people claiming "I
didn't change anything" myself ;-) ) make any difference, if NDBM is
only a layer for DB?

And if NDBM is only a wrapper for DB: why are there two extensions in
MacPPC:auto?

> I also know that 5.1.6 fixed a bug in DB/NDBM.

Hmm. I only use 5.1.5, not the newer versions, because there were too
much problem reports (and version changes ;-) ). Ok, I will look into
5.1.8. If the problem persists, I will try to build some reproducable
results and test-script, if possible.

bye, Georg