[MacPerl] LWP::Simple - update #2

Hello everyone!  :-)

Ok, I upped the memory usage of MacPerl to 24mb of memory
and re-ran the program.  It downloaded 967 files.  A
difference of 115 files from the 852 files MacPerl
downloaded with 12mb of memory.  So I decided to do some
snooping in the Mac's memory usage.  I've put in the "use
Mac::Memory" command at the top of the program, I request
how much free memory there is for the program and system,
and I'm printing out the memory usage as the program goes
along.  I also put in a test for when the memory is down to
1/3 of it's original amount.  When this happens the program
will do a CompactMem and CompactMemSys to see how much
memory it gets back.

Also, an update on the output screen memory thing:  MacPerl
must already handle the 32K memory limit because the output
file from last night registered at 13.7mb.  So MacPerl must
already remove unneeded lines off of the top of the
screen.  Because otherwise MacPerl would have choked a long
time ago on this much output.  But thanks to the person who
posted that thought. :-)

In other news: I again failed in my attempts to recreate
the %-. bug.  This time I couldn't even get the Mac to
freeze.  Very frustrating.  I can only think that it must
have to have the proper set of conditions in order for it
to crash.  (ie: Like catch it in the middle of doing
something like house cleaning or some such.) If it ever
happens again I'll try for the stdlog again.  Otherwise I'm
going to just drop it for now.  So kudo's to Matthias on
this.  :-)