[MacPerl] Preferences (was: SDF - How to set-up?)

At 10.51 98.01.26, David C. Schooley wrote:
>>    2.Set the SDFHOME environment variable

>Step 2, SDFHOME: I just set an MPW enviroment variable and it SDF seemed
>to like it. You may need some sort of wrapper to make it work with
>MacPerl.

FYI: you can set any arbitrary environment variable in recent versions of
MacPerl (5.1.5?6?) under Preferences.

On a related note, there is still a small bug in MacPerl related to these
variables.  For some reason, a blank variable in your preferences might
appear and mess up the rest of your prefs.  You cannot see this variable,
but you can click on it if it is there; or, if you add another variable,
you will notice the blank one.  This probably does not affect everyone, and
you probably won't notice it unless you have a blank entry between two
variables, or you are doing CGI stuff.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])