Re: [MacPerl] Command (backtick) operators in MPW Perl

At 5:30 PM -0500 on 1/29/98, Chris Nandor supposedly said:
>At 17.21 98.01.29, David C. Schooley wrote:
>>Macperl.pod implies that the backtick operator will work under ToolServer, and
>>therefore MPW. I haven't been able to get it to work except for the special
>>cases like `Directory`. I would like to be able to spawn off other MPW scripts
>>and tools. Has anybody gotten this to work?
>
>When I use the backticks for non-special cases, ToolServer launches.
>Beyond that I can't say much.  :)

It works when you use the MacPerl application, but not MPW perl. I was hoping MPW perl could run other MPW things as sub-processes, but apparently that won't work.

later,

---Dave---

David C. Schooley              | "Success is how high you
Ph.D. in progress              |  bounce after you hit
Georgia Tech Electric Power    |  bottom.
mailto:schooley@ece.gatech.edu |   - General George S. Patton
http://www.ee.gatech.edu/users/schooley/