Re: [MacPerl] [MAC-PERL] How do I install a module?

At 12.04 1998.02.17, Kingpin wrote:
>  [I have read the FAQ, Q&A, pod, etc. and did a lot of searching but
>I can not find the answer to this problem.]
>  I have macperl 519r4.  How do I install a module?  For example, I
>downloaded Text-CSV from CPAN and unpacked it.  When I run the
>Makefile.PL in MacPerl, it says I have to install in the source tree
>or have MacPerl SDK.  I do not have MPW so according to the README.MAC
>I can not install the MacPerl source tree (I don't have enough disk
>space either).
>  I tried simply putting CSV.pm in lib:Text (luckily that's all there
>is to Text::CSV), but at runtime MacPerl said it couldn't find various
>items under auto...

See the draft chapter of my book, MacPerl: Power ands Ease.  The chapter
Extensibility and Re-use explains how to do it all.

>  What is the MacPerl SDK and how can I get it?

The MacPerl source is available from all the MacPerl FTP sites.  I also
have a chapter (just finished up the second draft) on building MacPerl from
the source and building extensions; that will be coming soon.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])