Re: [MacPerl] Extensions

What I'd really like to see, are some general guidelines for compiling
extensions on a Mac. I've gotten as far as making a CFM-68k shared lib
for "Storables" using CodeWarrior 9, but I can't get it to load.
It's sure a lot harder than typing "./configure && make && make install"!

There are a couple of things I'm coming up against. There appear to be
few Mac tools that understand gnu make files. "Perl make" can invoke
the autosplitter, and the xpp compiler, but it falls down on compiling C.
My first thought was that a free compiler would be best, but MPW Shell
(ETO #23 is now free for downloading from Apple.) doesn't have much
in the way of Un*x compatability. No "fstat", for instance. Some tips
from someone who's actually ported an extension to MacPerl would be
appreciated.