[MacPerl] Newby...

Hello there,

Just downloaded MacPerl on Saturday.  I've used it in research before, but
have yet to author it (My professor with whom I did the research wrote the
droplets), but I couldn't stand it any longer.  I will probably be doing
more research/ database development with it.  Can anyone point me to good
sources for getting started with it, including info. about database
development with it?  I am planning on visiting the two or three different
websites listed in the info. file sent to me.
We have massive amounts of info that we will want to extract out in an
indexed fashion.  Any help appreciated! Oh...and can Perl check
characteristics such as bolding, Italics etc.  I would assume so, but just
ask anyway.

Jason White