[MacPerl] Are thery any Xbase modules or tools for MacPerl

I have a lot of data in Xbase format. I like the things I can do with
FoxPro (an old version) and Excel. I can write FoxPro code and access it
through AppleScript (sort of). Excel is also very AppleScriptable. But some
things would be very easy if I could access Xbase tables directly from
MacPerl.  I've seen some references to dbm which is apparently something
else. I'm not wedded to Xbase, as long as the alternatives run on a Mac and
are freely available with source code.

Is there Xbase support in Perl or MacPerl? Has anyone used MacPerl to
manipulate FoxPro or Excel to get at .dbf files?

Josh Kuperman
josh@racing.saratoga.ny.us
http://www.racing.saratoga.ny.us/~josh