[MacPerl] From based text to html converter

I am the on-line Editor of Bloomsburg University's The Voice, a weekly
student run newspaper.  A group and I are writing a Form based MacPerl
script to automate moving the paper issue to electronic form.  We have
most of it working including the autogenerating of links, pictures, and
the index paper, but we can't seem to convert the story which is pasted
into a form box into HTML.  Are there any script out there that will take
text pasted into a form and output html.  Mainly we need it to put
paragraph breaks into the story to make it look good.   Any suggestions
would be helpful.

Thanks,
	-- Rich Sands
	   On-Line Editor, The Voice