Re: [MacPerl] Wish for MacPerl

At 13.15 1998.04.08, Andre Leclerc wrote:
>If I had one wish about changes to MacPerl, it would be the possibility of
>seeing the line numbers in MacPerl's editor window, so one can spot a line
>easily when a compiler or syntax error is reported.
>
>How about it?

Matthias has said he is not going to put much work into MacPerl's editor
(although he is going to change the engine to make it better in some key
ways, but I don't think he will add stuff like line numbers).  BBEdit and
Alpha and others work well with MacPerl already and have the functionality
you desire.

If Matthias decides not to do as you want, though, you can always get the
source yourself and do it, and maybe submit a patch back to him.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])