[MacPerl] Problems with Butler.XFCN & Perl 5.1.9.r4

Howdy:

  I have been using Peter Chen's Butler.pm with MacPERL version 5.0.7r1m
with great success.  This module interfaces with an XFCN, Butler.XFCN,
provided by Everywhere, the publisher of the Butler database engine.  I
just upgraded to MacPERL version 5.1.9r4, and now get the message:

"# Cannot open XFCN file, Butler.XFCN."

  Another XFCN (clipboard.XFCN) in the same directory, works just fine, so
it is not a path problem.  If I remove the check that makes sure
Butler.XFCN has been opened, the program fails on the first attempt to use
the XFCN, so indeed Butler.XFCN is not being opened.

  I would very much appreciate any hints or suggestions as to how I can
proceed to debug this.

THANKS!

-David Steffen-

David Steffen, Ph.D.