[MacPerl] How do I redirect STDERR to text file?

I'm repurposing an existing perl script previously used on WIN/Intel platform.

I'd like to be able to redirect all of the STDERR text (currently going to
MacPerl's console window) and have it instead go to an external text file.
I'm able to do this via command line on the DOS version of perl. The DOS
command line prompt is as follows: "perl_script [options] input_fileA
input_fileB > output_file.txt"

I'd like to enable this type of functionality using this script with
MacPerl. I've been able to come up with a way to do the command line
[options] in MacPerl. And making the script a droplet has eliminated the
need for entering file names into my MacPerl command line prompt.

I just haven't found a way to redirect the STDERR stuff to a text file yet.

If anyone knows of some script examples that would demonstrate this, I
would like to take a look at them.

Robert