[MacPerl] select() bug???

I just put a new version (1.0b2.5) of the MacPerl web server at
http://www.reed.edu/~ckasow.  I added flags so that the same code will run
both under UNIX Perl and MacPerl.  Hence, the only differences in what code
is being run on a UNIX machine and a Mac are where you see:

if($^O eq 'MacOS') {
some stuff...
}

There are only two or three places where I even needed to put in such
flags...  All of them had to do with differences in filepaths on UNIX and
Mac.

I also put in some code to protect against directory backtracking when
running under UNIX.

If you run the server under UNIX Perl everything works great.  If you run
the server under MacPerl there is the problem I described before where
requests are lost when uploading pages with lots of images.  It seems there
should not be such a discrepency between the performance of MacPerl and
UNIX Perl.  Is what I am experiencing a bug in MacPerl, a problem with the
Mac in general, or a bizarre sleep deprived hallucination?

The server is real easy to get running.  Check it out.

-Clay Kasow
ckasow@reed.edu