Re: [MacPerl] Banished from my server to a lonely hub

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, John Taylor-Johnston wrote:

> Could you have a look at news:33023903.2594@callisto.si.usherb.ca
> or point in in the direction of someone who can help!?
>
> 	Macperl is hanging my server - no matter which script I use from the most
> complicated to the easiest screen-reply scripts. Many scripts stay open (in
> the finder menu) on the server's HD for hours or days and just sit there
> doing nothing. When the sysadmin goes to shut them down, often he cannot
> and has to restart the machine.

I have had this problem too. I have not found a fix for it, but I did find
a work-around: Make sure your perl scripts (i.e. cgi-bins) are run as CGI
and not as ACGI.

(The settings for this will probably be in the "suffix" or "mime type"
section of your web server...)

-Johan
--
Johan Almqvist                          johana@netch.se
Netch Technologies AB                   046-270 16 00 (vx)