Re: [MacPerl] key event handler in dialogs

On Apr 21,  8:09am, Chris Nandor wrote:

> Actually, Alan Fry did exactly this already.  I think I might have modified
> his version slightly.  Notice that we are not actually capturing a key
> click event here, though.  There are two text items, one visible, one
> hidden.  In between WaitNextEvent() calls, the lengths of both are looked
> at it; if one is longer, they are synched up.  And this synching up means
> making the visible dialog the same number of bullets as the hidden dialog
> has characters (and you are typing in the hidden dialog).

I've been using a slightly modified version of Alan's method which works great
except for one problem. When I hit the tab key, it appears that focus moves
into the visible text field and then all characters typed are visible and the
dialog returns nothing. Is there a way to mess with the tab control in the
dialog box or can you set a hook to catch just the tab key??

Thanks, Erik

Erik Ferlanti
Scientific Programmer/National Human Genome Research Institute
Building 45, Room 3As.43C

Phone:  (301) 435-6076
  Fax:  (301) 480-9898
Email:  erik@nhgri.nih.gov, erikf@smart.net, eriksf@yahoo.com