Re: [MacPerl] Using UNIX style filenames with MacPerl

Gerald Young writes:
|Obviously the DOS version of Perl can handle UNIX style "/" pathnames,
|whereas the underlying filesystem (DOS) requires the "\" as dir seperator.

Actually MS-DOS allows either / or \ as a path separator, and has since
the beginning. What requires \ as a path separator is COMMAND.COM, as
it uses / as the start of an argument. Anything that talks directly
to DOS (like perl) can use / or \.

And yes, this has strayed far off topic, so if anyone has further
questions or comments on this, please e-mail me directly.

Brian