Re: [MacPerl] awwwwwww yeah

>I'll go and order it now, and then wait and wait and wait for it
>to get to Australia :-(

The first batch of complete books arrived at the fulfillment house
this (Friday) afternoon.  The staff will spend next week catching
up on the back orders we have in hand.  Meanwhile, Developer Depot
will be selling the book at WWDC '98.

The good news (for PTF) is that the back orders are fairly substantial.
The good news (for you) is that the back orders are mostly from our
resellers and distributors, so the unit/order ratio is fairly high
and the total number of orders isn't all that huge.

Thus, if you put in your order NOW, you still have a chance to get a
prompt shipment.  (If you wait a while before ordering, an end-user
backlog could build up, delaying the shipping process.)

Once the books leave the fulfillment house, they travel by air.  US
deliveries tend to take only a few days; overseas deliveries take a
bit longer (particularly if Customs gets involved).

> ... maybe Rich has some advice here: can it be expected that the
> resellers listed on your pages ... will have copies sooner than
> other bookstores, or are they just more or less guaranteed to
> eventually have the book in stock?

Some of each, really.  Those pages are not as up-to-date as they
should be (SIGH), but they DO include stores that have sold PTF
products in the past (and many that still do :-).  At the beginning
of a product's sales life, however, you will get your copies much
faster if you order directly from PTF.

-r

Rich Morin, Canta Forda Computer Laboratory | Prime Time Freeware - quality
  UNIX consulting, training, and writing    | freeware at affordable prices
  P.O. Box 1488, Pacifica, CA, 94044, USA   | www.ptf.com      info@ptf.com
  rdm@cfcl.com            +1 650-873-7841   | +1 408-433-9662   -0727 (Fax)