[MacPerl] lib search paths order?

Is there a special reason that the "site_perl" folder seems to be searched
after the lib: folder? I guess it should be the other way round...
Currently it does not seem to be possible to override modules in the "lib"
folder by simply placing the newer versions in the respective folder
hierarchy level of the "site_perl" folder without removing the versions
coming with MacPerl. I realized this after I renamed my "lib extras" folder
to  "site_perl"  and things started to go wrong.
Did I miss something?

Peter Hartmann
Visiting Scholar
Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto, Japan