Re: [MacPerl] GIF image size

Bart Lateur writes:
|Anybody interested in TIFF files ? :-)

TIFF files are pretty easy too. At a fixed offset there's an offset to a
list of "directories" to the data, with a block type, a data type, and an
offset or the data itself. Just read the directory, search it (and being
it's sorted you can binary search it, although most TIFF files have less
than 20 entries so a linear search wouldn't be too horrible :-)) for the
size fields, and grab the data. The TIFF standard (which I don't have
a URL to, but I found it using Alta Vista), describes it all in great
detail.

Brian