[MacPerl] Copying Files

I think that I've been staring at the screen for too long!

How does one copy a file from one volume to another.  I've tried FSpCatMove,
but I get an error about a bad volume.  I guess this is used only for moving
files on the same volume.

I found FSpFileCopy, but I'm not sure how to make the FSSpecs that are needed.
Specifically, I'm not sure how to get the directory and volume id's.  It
would be nice not to resort to cat'ing the data and resource forks.  Also, if
possible, I would like to avoid using Apple Events for this one.

I'm sure I'm missing the obvious here.

TIA,
Kevin