Re: [MacPerl] package question

At 11.01 -0500 1998.05.20, Kevin van Haaren wrote:
>If I have a module that is required in another module AND in my main program
>what is the proper way to include them?
>
>Currently I just do a use in both the module and the main program, does this
>cause the module to be compiled twice?  Is there a way to test if a module has
>already been loaded?

A use does two things: it compiles and executes the module file (at compile
time), and it imports any exported data into your current namespace.
Multiple use's of the same file only do the compilation/execution once, but
then do the symbol importation for each separate use call in each separate
package it is called in.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
MacPerl: Power and Ease (ISBN 1881957322), http://www.ptf.com/macperl/