[MacPerl] Syntax check via appleEvent doScript (and other switches)

Hello All,

I was a lurker on this list for a very long time and this is my first post
here.  I love MacPerl and use it often but I remain always a novice Perl
scripter, so please bear with my questions.

Here is my first question.  I am writing a new Frontier glue table for
MacPerl and I discovered that I can add switches to the line:
#!perl

I tried to do a syntax checking with this method (#!perl -c) via
MacPerl.doScript (mode:batch).  It worked as long as the syntax was OK (it
reports: "<AppleEvent> syntax OK"), but when there is any syntax error,
there is an error message saying:

Couldn't complete the message to "MacPerl" because of the following error:
"Mac OS Error: 1."

Isn't there any way to get the right answer via AppleEvent?

And what other switches can we use via AppleEvent?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,