Re: Scripting Eudora

At 1:21 pm -0700 28/05/98, Vicki Brown wrote:
>We've got great MacPerl support for BBEdit thanks to Brad Hanson; has
>anyone given thought to a MacPerl plugin for Eudora?
>
>I just found out about an AppleScript plug-in for Eudora, which looks like
>a useful thing and I'm about to try it (but I'd really prefer to use Perl
>:-)
>
>See "Scripting Eudora" http://www.eremita.demon.co.uk/euscr.html

That site is a mess! I'm in the middle of creating a proper Eudora Scripting site.

So long as the scripts in the scripts folder are of type "osas". it doesn't matter what language you use. I have many Frontier Usertalk scripts in the folder. You could either simply tell the finder to open (run) your MacPerl script or send specific Apple Events to MacPerl such as "do script". I haven't got round to learning MacPerl yet but I am sure you can use the plug-in to advantage with MacPerl.

tell application "Finder" to get container of application file id "McPL" as text
set scriptsFolder to result & "MacPerl Scripts:"
set theScript to read scriptsFolder & "One Liner/1"
tell application "MacPerl"
activate
Do Script theScript
end tell