Re: [MacPerl] APPLETALK question

I'm mainly a lurker on this list, with some noted exceptions.

Why are you trying to do this in Perl/MacPerl?  This problem is hugely
easier in AppleScript, although you will need to find an OSAX to mount the
volume for you (of which there are many, lots freeware).  Using AppleScript
to mount the volume and access a specific file should take less time than
navigating through the folders to find the file and doing it manually.

A rough-in of the applescript would look like this:
tell application "Finder"
  mount volume "myIIfx" in zone "Oneof700" -- or whatever the osax wants
  duplicate file "myIIFx:folder:folder:myfile" to "myhd:folder:folder:myfile"
end tell

If you just want to do this in Perl, you could always go through the fun
work of capturing the apple events from an applescript.  Chris Nandor will
be happy to tell you all about it. ;-)

If you *need* to do this in Perl, I think other people will tell you how
(maybe again Chris Nandor, although if he does you should buy his book).

-Jeff Lowrey

=