Re: [MacPerl] obscure bug in MacPerl application

Peter Hartmann <hartmann@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp> writes:
>If you take a look at the Skripteditor's event log, you'll see that
>arguments get passed quite properly, in my case:
>
>(*print "@ARGV\n", Macintosh HD:Systemordner:, main:, rest:*)
>
>Output from Capture AE is:
>
>Process("MacPerl").SendAE "misc,dosc,'----':[³print "@ARGV\n"², ³Macintosh
>HD:Systemordner:², ³main:², ³rest:²], &subj:'null'()"
>
>Everything is OK.
>
>Now look at what MacPerl prints:
>
>Extra HD:Download main: rest:
>
>Note that the colon behind Extra HD:Download is missing.

MacPerl converts all text arguments in the AppleEvent that look like paths to
existing files into FSSpecs first. It's indeed a good question whether this is
a good practice or not, but I'm not inclined to change it at the moment.

Matthias

   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground