[MacPerl] Q--FileMaker gives weird response

Hi,

I am writing a script that should find the ID of a FMP record, then the ID
will be modified into a link and automatically inserted into a HTML page.

The problem is no matter which $r_numb I use, the return is always "te"
(without the quote).  Would you please help me out?

Here is the part of the script that does not work:

$filemaker_path = 'Macintosh HD:FileMaker Pro 3.0 Folder:FileMaker Pro';
$db_path = 'Macintosh HD:Releases';
$get_id_script = <<"END_OF_APPLESCRIPT";
set DB to alias "$db_path"
tell application "$filemaker_path"
    activate
    open DB
 	delete every request
	create request
	set cell "Release Number" of request 1 to "$r_numb"
    find
    copy ID of record to one
    close window 1
end tell
return one
END_OF_APPLESCRIPT

$id = MacPerl::DoAppleScript($get_id_script);

print "$r_numb  $id\n";

Thanks a bunch for any help!  : )

-- Patience