[MacPerl] Problem calling Applescript on another machine

Hi,

I wrote a MacPerl script that calls Applescript.  It works just fine on my
machine.  When I copy the script onto my friend's computer, the MacPerl part
works, but the calls to Applescript just would not executed.  Please, please,
please help me out if you know what could be wrong.

Here is the part that does not work:

$from = "Macintosh HD:WWW:default.html";
# calling a html file that was generated w/ BBEdit
my $open_text = <<"EOS";
tell application "Finder"
  --activate
  open file "$from"
end tell
EOS
MacPerl::DoAppleScript("$open_text");

my $open_netscape = <<"EOS";
tell application "$net_path"
  activate
  OpenURL "$URL1"
end tell
EOS
MacPerl::DoAppleScript($open_netscape);

Both $from and $net_path are OK.  The script did find the existence of the
file and application on my friends computer.  But both the file and netscape
just would not open.

Thanks a bunch for you advise!  : )

-- Patience