Re: [MacPerl] Apple event ids

?! There is! Courtesy David Turley. Just posted a mail with the URL to this
list a couple of days ago.
 Or is this a misunderstanding?
http://www.binary.net/dturley/macperl/search.html

>Anyway, how does someone find out the event id for a
>particular event, in particular I am searching for the "put away" event id.

>I tried searching for a list of event ids using 'odoc' as an example.
>Every document I find uses or references this event id but doesn't tell
>how to find any others.  Arghh.

Search for aeteconvert at the the URL above and you'll find the script
appended (courtesy David C. Schooley). Save as droplet, drop a not running
apple scriptable application and be rewarded with a file that contains
everything you need.

BTW, if you drop a copy of the Finder it turns out that the id is ptwy.

As an alternative, install Capture AE
ftp://ftp.westcodesoft.com/OneClick_Scripting_Tools/CaptureAE.sit.hqx
and write an Apple Script that uses the event. (BTW, there are minor bugs
in Capture AE that may cause invalid output). See an earlier post by me at
the URL above.

Attachment converted: mouse1:aeteconvert.pl (TEXT/ALFA) (00005F12)
Peter Hartmann
Visiting Scholar
Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto, Japan
e-mail: