Re: [MacPerl] Writing Stuffit archives with Perl

Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com> wrote:

> The only way I know of to make Stuffit files (with the current algorithms)
> is to send Apple Events to DropStuff or Stuffit Deluxe.

There is an OSAX available to do this via AppleScript, i.e., without an
application, if you have StuffIt Engine installed:

	<ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/StuffItCommands4.5b1.hqx>

Extracted from the Read Me:

> StuffIt Commands 4.5
> by Leonard Rosenthol
>
> The StuffIt Commands OSAX is a scripting addition that adds to your
> scripting system the ability to directly interact with the StuffIt
Engine
> from Aladdin Systems.  The StuffIt Engine is included with almost all
> commercial and shareware Aladdin products - check your Extensions
folder.
> If you don't have it, and wish to use this OSAX, download DropStuff
> w/Expander Enhancer from the Aladdin web site
> (<http://www.aladdinsys.com/>)
>
> StuffIt Commands adds four commands to your scripting system:
>
> Stuff:       <description deleted>
> Expand:      <description deleted>
> BinHex:      <description deleted>
> Mount Image: <description deleted>

Hope this helps,
	Eric

| Eric Petersen, University of Minnesota             (Home) 612-533-2654 |
| Dept of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics               612-624-3516 |
| Minnesota Supercomputer Institute                   (New) 612-624-1524 |
| epeterse@aem.umn.edu, epeterse@msi.umn.edu, pete0960@maroon.tc.umn.edu |
| http://www.aem.umn.edu/people/students/epeterse/                       |