[MacPerl] Comments about the new FAQ

Just some comments about the new FAQ.  I thought I'd post them to the list
instead of sending them directly to Vicki so that others could comment.

Ã1) The newsgroup is comp.lang.perl.moderated (not .mod)

Ã2) Does MacPerl actually run on 68000 based machines (i.e. MacPlus)?  The
FAQ seems to say that it does, but I thought Perl 5 doesn't.

3) Is it time to remove Perl 4 from the FAQ?  Very few people should
actually be using it, but through most of the FAQ it's treated as equal to
Perl 5.  At least the warning should be more forceful "You should *not* be
using this unless...".

à 4) Perhaps mention that not all examples in the general Perl books will
work with MacPerl.

à 5) The Alpha ftp site has moved:  <ftp://mojo.cs.umd.edu/Alpha/>.

Ã6) My email address has changed (the old one still works, but I frequently
go days without checking it), and I think I threw away the libwww-perl-4
port. ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/schinder/

Ã7) ObjectSupportLib is gone from OS 8 (it's in the System).  People running
OS 8 and seeing the reference to OSL might wonder where it is.

-----
Paul J. Schinder
schinder@pobox.com